Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Beginning of a TattleTale

I want to begin my blogging endeavors by explaining exactly what I'm doing. In short I am writing a tattletale. I enjoy belly flopping into the different worlds that webcomic artists create and therefore, I naturally want to thrust down your throats my biased and highly underrated opinions about these different worlds. Webcomics like Welcome to Pixelton, The Noob, and xkcd.com are widely known to the webcomic connoisseur, but most of these patrons of the digital pages don't venture beyond the digital ink and ask the important questions like:

Why is this comic funny?
Why is it relevant?
Why do I keep coming back to this comic?
Why is this sewage-of-a-webomic so popular and making so much money?

All of these are important questions that need to be answered because without understanding these questions then we're really just cyber drifters looking for instant gratification. Which is okay by me, but when you revisit their pages of fun for new and inspiring art or satyre you begin to drift away from instant gratification and metamorphose into what the industry likes to call "a fan". When that transformation happens you will no longer simply amble by these webcomics. Instead, you will want to know the answers to these questions.

Thus is the importance of my righteous critiques on this fantasy world of stick figures and colorful MMORPG characters. So please enjoy my slights and flatteries as they will be offered multiple times a week !

Thanks
Josh Engle

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is missing:
    - contact page (thus, this comment)
    - a normal RSS Feed
    Fixing those would be of great help :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the heads up. I just added an email address to the blog because of your post. :) Should have had that up earlier for contacts!

    ReplyDelete